tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: How to configure TomCat4 for web applications?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 20:23:22 GMT

Multiple copies of servlet.jar where Tomcat can find them is bad.  Big bad.

Take the JAR file that you have from the third party, expand it out, get
rid of their version of servlet.jar, and make a new JAR file without their
servlet.jar in it.  Then stop Tomcat, clear everything out of the work
directory, and restart Tomcat.

John