tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: mod jk2 problem, segmetation fault
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 19:00:12 GMT

I could be wrong...it was my understanding that JK2 was only supported by
CoyoteConnector.  Since both, I believe, use the AJP13 protocol, I guess
its possible that Ajp13Connector could/would/might work.  I know more about
what DOES work than what DOESN'T work. ;)

In any case, my point (perhaps not clearly stated) was that:

1) there is no need to do anything in server.xml to allow a default Tomcat
install to work with one of the connectors

2) Ajp13Connector is not the preferred connector for either JK or JK2 in
recent versions of Tomcat ( > 4.1.12?)

There's bound to be people that have unusual/uncommon environments that
work...but for people just getting started, I think its less traumatic to
guide them towards the usual/common environments until they get some
experience.

John