tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: How to configure TomCat4 for web applications?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:42:11 GMT

Check the class loader HOWTO:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/class-loader-howto.html

To wit:

"Shared - This class loader is the place to put classes and resources that
you wish to share across ALL web applications (unless Tomcat internal
classes also need access, in which case you should put them in the Common
class loader instead). All unpacked classes and resources in
$CATALINA_HOME/shared/classes, as well as classes and resources in JAR
files under $CATALINA_HOME/lib, are made visible through this class
loader."

You don't need to do anything with CLASSPATH.

John