tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: mod jk2 problem, segmetation fault
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:39:57 GMT
On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 18:27:47 +0200, Przemys³aw Korona
<przemyslaw.korona@ckzeto.com.pl> wrote:

> Thank you all, for your quick responses.
>
>> Tomcat comes with a JK2 compatible connector enabled by default on port
>> 8009.  The class name for this connector is CoyoteConnector.
>
> You mean: org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector ?

Right on.

>> If you need to use JK2, you don't need to do anything to server.xml
>> except make sure your Hosts and your Contexts are correct, everything
>> else is done on the Apache configuration side.
>
> I guess I have this part ok, because on port 8080 it works fine.

Right on...just make sure that there is a CoyoteConnector listening on 8009
(default) or any other port that you wish to use.  When you are in
production, you can disable the connector on 8080.

> It seems that I just have chosen a wrong tool. I just hope, this mod_jk
> works with ssl (documentation says it should ;-))
> Thanks again
> Przemek

JK should work fine with SSL...in an Apache + Connector + Tomcat
environment, Apache does all of the SSL heavy-lifting.  Communications
between Apache and Tomcat via mod_jk and mod_jk2 are done without SSL.  So,
you just need to focus on getting Apache doing your SSL.

If you need a HOWTO, check out mine:  http://www.johnturner.com/howto

They're for Red Hat, and Apache 2, but the steps are the same.  The only
differences would be which mod_jk.so file you use for Apache 1.3 on SuSE.

John