tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: when the browser back button is clicked how can i get the previous page to be displayed instead of a content expired message?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 05:17:00 GMT
I'm going to assume that you are using  4.1.x, with x > 18, and that the
page is question is protected by a security-constraint.

By default, Tomcat forbids caching of protected pages.  In versions >
4.1.18, you can override this by:
<Context ......>
    <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator"
                disableProxyCaching="false" />
</Context>

If you are not using Form Authenication, then replace FormAuthenticator with
BasicAuthenticator/DigestAuthentictor/SSLAuthenticator as required.  Of
course, it goes without saying that you only want to use this option if a)
your webapp already handles denying caching of sensitive data, or b) there
isn't any sensitive data in cachable pages.

Note:  This currently does not play nice with the "admin" webapp.  You will
have to re-add it if you use admin to modify your settings.