tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jen Beaven <>
Subject ensim and permissions
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2003 04:29:37 GMT
Using tomcat 4.0.3 under ensim; can't figure out permissions.

I get this error (or like this):
access denied (
/var/www/html/WEB-INF/ read)

Of course under ensim the real file is under
/home/virtual/sitexx/fst/var/www... not /var/www... the tomcat policy
files list the actual file path (/home/virtual/sitexx/fst/var/www...)
I've tried coding the policy file both ways, neither works. No errors
show up in catalina.out, either. I can get permissions added by doing
extrermely broad grants in the main policy file, but that's obviously
not an option.

I've scavenged through a lot of list archives and forums and haven't
found a lot of info on this, just recommendations on how to change
the policy files that demonstrably do not work.

Any ideas? (besides "don't use ensim"...)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message