tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric J. Pinnell" <e...@iCky.org>
Subject Re: CiscoLB jk2 problem
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:18:27 GMT
Hi,

This is why you want to spread your application across two or more
tomcats.  I'm not sure if you can tweak the behavior of the error because
what you are getting is indeed a internal server error.  If you are going
to load balance you should try to load balance all the way down the stack.

Try giving each apache two or more tomcats to send sessions too.  JK2 will
see that tomcat A is down and move to tomcat B.  Your application
monitoring software should then kick of an alert to notify someone that a
tomcat is down and might need human intervention.

-e