tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric J. Pinnell" <e...@iCky.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat Crashing on Linux
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:09:44 GMT
Earlier today we were talking about thread dumps.  You might want to
generate some next time this is happening.  It will show you if a thread
is locked and what it is waiting on.

send a kill -QUIT to the VM when it is hanging.  It's often a good idea to
get like 5 or 6 thread dumps right in a row very quickly.

-e