tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric J. Pinnell" <e...@iCky.org>
Subject Re: coonnectionTimeout
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:14:06 GMT
Hi,

Good question.  I always thought of '0' as being infinite and I wasn't
aware of -1.

One difference I see, and this seems to be Solaris specific, is that when
I use '0' I get INFO: connection reset messages in Tomcat from the
Connector.  When I give it a time out of say 120000 I no longer get reset
messages but I get INFO: connection timed out in the logs.  I'm planning
on running a test to see what the user experience is with a timeout.  I
know that during the resets the user sees HTTP 400 and 500 errors.

I'll also now test with -1.

-e