tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric J. Pinnell" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat not working behind a NAT?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:49:11 GMT
> My question is, is that forward call a full http request? If so, what ip
> address will it use? I "think" that it is trying to use the address
> and the NAT doesn't like it.

Well ya.  That's kinda what I've been saying.  Don't hardwire the IP.  So
instead of using an IP use a hostname.  For example = on the external DNS.

Then on your Tomcat systems host file (or internal DNS) put

So when/if Tomcat need to use the URL for some reason when it goes to
resolve the IP it gets the correct internal IP number.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message