tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric J. Pinnell" <e...@iCky.org>
Subject Re: mod jk2 problem, segmetation fault
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:01:30 GMT
Hi,

> > I guess I have this part ok, because on port 8080 it works fine.
>
> Right on...just make sure that there is a CoyoteConnector listening on 8009
> (default) or any other port that you wish to use.  When you are in
> production, you can disable the connector on 8080.

Actually I have found this not to be true (the part about you can use any
port).  There is some kind of limitation on how high the port you use can
be.  For example:

8009 works
14009 works
48009 doesn't.  The apache error log says that it can't connect.
According to tomcat the Connector is listening and a netstat shows the
port in a LISTEN state.

I don't know why it does this.  Port 48009 is a legit port.  I haven't
experimented with it enough to figure out where the magic port is where it
won't connect beyond that.  It has been entered in the bug database.

Seems to be a jk2 thing as well since it worked with mod_jk.

-e