tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johannes Fiala" <tom...@fwd.at>
Subject Re: war deployment and jsp pre-compilation
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:25:33 GMT
Hi Reinhard,

Using TC 4.1.24+ you can use ant to first run JspC and deploy the
resulting WAR using the manager app.

You can find more info here:
http://www.fwd.at/tomcat/buildmanagement-using-ant-howto.html

Johannes

Reinhard Nägele <reinhard.naegele@mgm-edv.de>
10.07.2003 15:38
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
war deployment and jsp pre-compilation

We deploy our application as war file with the manager. "unpackWars" is
set to false. Is it possible to deploy pre-compiled JSPs with this
approach? I guess this would imply that we'd have to have a context.xml
in our war file specifying that Tomcat should load the compiled JSP
classes from the war file instead of from its working directory. Can
this be done?

Reinhard