tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yaser Al Masri" <yalmasri1...@hotmail.com>
Subject login page customization for CMA
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:43:14 GMT
Hi,

I'm using container manager authentication, and I'm trying to display
different messages inside the login page depending on the caller of that
page, so if a request is made to the protected resource /account/*, I want
to display suitable message to those who want to access account services in
the login page, and same to the resource /order/*, but with a different
message.

The problem is that there is no way I could find to pass a parameter for
example from a resource under /account/* to get this behaviour, because this
parameter is actually not seen in the login page. I tried to look for where
tomcat stores the request before it routes to the login page, but it looks
to me that the process is not straight forward, and I need to play around
with class loaders to get this info.

Can anybody think of a way to implement this without getting into a
container specific solution?