tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Philipp Leusmann" <philipp.leusm...@post.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject AW: How to read/write files located outside WEB-INF
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:13:55 GMT
Sure you can. At least in servlets you can.
I don┬┤t have any experience in JSP, but in servlets you have
read/write-access to the whole host-filesystem as in every java-application
using normal java-FileIO-methods. If (and only if) you use the tomcat
security-manager you will have to enable read/write-access for the
dirs/files you want to access there.

Hope that helps,
 Philipp