tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "v.siguier" <v.sigu...@voila.fr>
Subject Re: Pb Form authentication
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:17:26 GMT
Thanks for your help !
I understand what is wrong : on error page I must recall the entry page of my web site.

Vincent

> Here is your problem.
>
> You can't do this.  You are navigating directly to "login.jsp".

> Rick
>
> v.siguier wrote:
> > I am agree with you but I don't try to access directly to login.jsp, I call the
site presentation page index.jsp.
> > Following are my to authentication jsp pages :
> >
> > Login.jsp :
> > -------------
> > <head>
> > <title>Login Page for Examples</title>
> > <form method="POST" action='<%= response.encodeURL("j_security_check") %>'

> >       <th align="right">Username:</th>
> >       <th align="right">Password:</th>
> > </form>
> >

> > Error.jsp :
> > ------------
> > <head>
> > <title>Error Page For Examples</title>
> > </head>
> > Invalid username and/or password, please try
> >

> >>If I understand the question, then:
> >>
> >>It sounds like you are trying to navigate directly to "login.jsp" which your
not
> >>suppose to do.
> >>
> >>Reason:
> >>j_security_check intercepts your request and checks to see if your are currently

> >>authorized to go to that URI.  If you are then it forwards you to that location.

> >>  If you navigate directly to login.jsp, then j_security_check doesn't know
> >>where to forward you to.

DataSourceRealm) at runtime.

rigth role to access to the specified ressource it is OK
role : my error page is displayed and when I
rigth role or wrong role, I have following Tomcat error