tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ravi Pachipala <rpachip...@everypath.com>
Subject null pointer exception
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:07:43 GMT
I am trying to load the following jsp into Tomcat 4.1.24. However, it throws
Null Pointer exception in getPreviousOut() call in doEndTag() for epr:select
tag. BodyContent is null.

The workaround is to put a space before </epr:select> so that body content
will not be null.

My question is, this seems like a fairly straight-forward case for it not to
work. Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks
Ravi

<%@ include file="/declare_epvars.jsp" %>
<epr:screen>
<epr:form component="c_form_1054" transitionType="identify">
Category :<epr:select name="ol_category" useFormComponent="c_form_1054"
renderAs="option"></epr:select>
Manufacturer :<input type="text" name="txt_manufacturer"
format="ALPHANUM"></input>
<input type="submit" softkeyType="accept"></input>
</epr:form>

</epr:screen>