tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "McClure, Timothy J(IndSys, GE Interlogix)" <Tim.McCl...@ge.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat IBM SSL Provider
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:01:15 GMT
We are using what I thought was the lastest 4.1.24.  I did not see an option for download 4.1.26
on the jakarta web page.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Barker [mailto:wbarker@wilshire.com]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 11:09 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat IBM SSL Provider

It mostly works in 4.1.26 (you still need the JSSE jar, but Tomcat won't use
it).  It should work completely in 4.1.27.  If you are impatient, you can
always grap the CVS code from
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/jsse and
compile it.

To work with the IBM JVM, you also need to remember to set
'alogrithm="IbmX509"' in the SocketFactory element in server.xml.

"McClure, Timothy J(IndSys, GE Interlogix)" <Tim.McClure@ge.com> wrote in
message
I am running Tomcat on AIX using JVM 1.4.  When Tomcat comes up with SSL
enabled it is looking for the Sun provider.  I copied the Sun JSSE 1.3 jar
into the Tomcat lib and this error went away.  However I am having problems
because I generated the certificate using the AIX keytool which used the IBM
provider.  This causes and IO Exception because the Sun provider is trying
to use the certificate created by the IBM provider.  The bottom line is how
do I get Tomcat to use IBM as it's SSL provider

Tim McClure
tim.mcclure@ge.com