tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mufaddal Khumri <mufad...@wmotion.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.24 causes refresh problem ... 4.1.18 does not.
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 03:51:52 GMT
Hi,

Added :

	<%
	    response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache");
     	    response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
     	    response.setDateHeader("Expires", 1);
	%>

The problem still persists.

This problem does not occur with tomcat 4.1.18, but occurs with tomcat
4.1.24. IE , Netscape
and Safari work fine with 4.1.18. Safari does not work well with 4.1.24
in regards to refresh.

Am using safari on mac os X with tomcat 4.1.24 ...

I have two .jsp files - LocationInformation.jsp and EditLocation.jsp

LocationInformation.jsp shows me the information of a location from the
database.
EditLocation.jsp is used to edit the information for a location and
saved to the database.

On the LocationInformation.jsp I have a link to EditLocation.jsp. When
I edit the location
information by entering data in the form on EditLocation.jsp and then
say submit, the data
gets entered in the database and I take the user to the
LocationInformation.jsp where it shows
the updated information from the database. When I click the link to
EditLocation.jsp on this page,
it takes me to EditLocation.jsp and the form on EditLocation.jsp shows
me the old information. When
I click the refresh button in the browser the form shows me the updated
data.

Does anybody know why or how to solve this problem ?

Thanks.