tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Armenio Pinto <armenio-p-pi...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject Tomcat 3.2.4 and Apache Proxy
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:12:24 GMT
Hi there,

     We're trying to access our Tomcat 3.2.4 server throught Apache
configured as proxy. Suppose that Tomcat responds at
http://www.mytomcat:8080 and that, throught the proxy, clients see it like
http://myproxy/mytomcat. Apache has the "ProxyPass" and "ProxyPassReverse"
correctly configured.

We are getting the following exception:

Servlet API error: sendError with commited buffer
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been committed
        at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.HttpServletResponseFacade.sendError(HttpServletResp
onseFacade.java:202)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.HttpServletResponseFacade.sendRedirect(HttpServletR
esponseFacade.java:228)
(...)

Is there any known issues about Tomcat 3.2.4 behind proxies? I can't find
anything in the documentation... Thanks in advance,

Arménio Pinto