tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steph Richardson" <st...@kvasar.com>
Subject Can I include jsp files that are in a JAR / WAR ?
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:42:47 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to include jsp fragments that are located in an archive file.

I have an environment, where several web-apps share a set of common include files, that each
web-app statically includes, with the
<%@ include file="" %> directive.

For the development version of this environment, I would like to be able to deploy the shared
include files as a single jar or war
file, that is then referenced by the jsp pages in the web-app - so that the include files
are included directly from the jar. This
is for neatness, and to avoid the possible confusion that would come from having multiple
copies of the shared includes ( one in
each web-app ) hanging around the development environment.

I had hoped something like :
	<%@ include file="/WEB-INF/include/inc.jar/fragment.jsp" %>
would work, but fo course it doesn't.

Any suggestions ?