tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject RE: problem finding css
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:03:48 GMT
Now your are confusing me.

This is what I believe to be true:

   Any request can just be served from one DocumentRoot.

   Which DocumentRoot is used, is defined by the way you
   configure apache

   If the request contains a server name that matches a
   given virtual host, the setting for this host take
   precedence. If this virtual host has an own DocumentRoot
   this is used and nothing else. If the server name can't
   be matched, the global definitions are used.

   So to get files from the global DocumentRoot the request
   has to contain a different servername than upolu.sps.mot.com.

What different versions of netscape could do, to produce
the behaviour that you describe is unclear to me.

Recommended Solution:
  I think that you don't need the DocumentRoot definition in
  your virtual host. (Unless you have static files in that
  directory that should be served through apache).
  (As I'm currently not using tomcat behind apache I'm not
  completely shure)