tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Smith <psm...@infonow.com>
Subject Possible bug in PageContextImpl.java?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:56:27 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to write a struts action that will log a message when an
exception occurs in a servlet or jsp page.  I have the servlet working fine,
but the Action does not get the error from the jsp page.  I have tracked it
to PageContextImpl.java, inside the handlePageException.  There, it sets
"javax.servlet.jsp.jspException" with the exception on the jsp page.  Then
it tries to forward, fails, and then calls include.  After that, request
still has javax.servlet.jsp.jspException.  But request does not have
javax.servlet.error.exception.  It then removes the jspException w/o copying
it to exception.  Am I missing something somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Peter
--
Peter Smith