tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Oatham" <>
Subject Re: isErrorPage="true" NOT WORKING?
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:12:01 GMT
BTW the exception is being thrown from a method inside a servlet as follows:

   public synchronized void writeOrder(HttpServletRequest request)
    throws IOException {

        Date d = new Date();
        DateFormat df = DateFormat.getDateInstance();
        String fileName = (request.getRemoteUser()
            + "." + df.format(d));
        //Create FileWriter for append.
        FileWriter fw = new FileWriter(ordersDir
            + System.getProperty("file.separator")
            + fileName
            + ".txt", true);
        PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(fw);
        //Close the file.

From: "Matthew Oatham" <>
Subject: isErrorPage="true" NOT WORKING?
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:04:57 +0100

I have a web app inside which I have an errorPage.jsp file. My web.xml file

And my errorPage.jsp is as follows:

<%@ page isErrorPage="true" %>
<%@ import="*;"%>
<link rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css" href="styles/common.css" />

Alternatively contact the System Administrator.</font></p>

exception.printStackTrace(new, true));%>

However when I encounter a
c:\solttma\orders\administrator.21-Jul-03.txt (The system cannot find the
path specified) exception I get the old tomcat error page and not the error
page I created?

Any ideas?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: