tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnson, David" <d.john...@Cranfield.ac.uk>
Subject Mod_jk GET request issues
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:26:12 GMT

Hi

I'm encountering some strange behaviour with mod_jk and was wondering if
anyone could shed any light on it. First of all, I'm using Apache 1.3.27
(with mod_ssl), Tomcat 4.1.24 and mod_jk v1.2.1 on Solaris 9.

The problem is that whenever I attempt to add any parameters onto a GET
request I get a "Cannot find server or DNS Error" page. For example,
using standalone tomcat install on port 8080, the following both work
fine:

http://localhost:8080/uploader/servlet
http://localhost:8080/uploader/servlet?field=moo

When I send the request via mod_jk however, adding the parameter on the
end causes problems.

http://localhost/uploader/servlet - works
http://localhost/uploader/servlet?field-moo - doesn't work

I'm using the v1.2.1 binary for Solaris 8 (with EAPI) from the jakarta
site, as this is the most recent I can find. (Building my own did not go
well...)

My httpd.conf file contains the following mod_jk lines:

LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile /software/web/apache/1.3.27/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /software/web/apache/1.3.27/logs/mod_jk.log
JKMount /uploader/* ajp13

Workers.properties contains the following:

worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.lbfactor=3.5
worker.ajp13.cachesize=10
worker.ajp13.cache_timeout=600
worker.ajp13.socket_keepalive=1
worker.ajp13.socket_timeout=300

The tomcat server.xml has the following context:

<Context path="/uploader" docBase="/software/web/webapps/uploader"
debug="0" priveleged="true" />

The web.xml file for the application is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>UploadServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>UploadServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>UploadServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/servlet</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <session-config>
    <session-timeout>