tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Peters" <Ge...@logic.bm>
Subject RE: heap size
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:10:13 GMT
Thanks Yoav - one last dumb question and I will leave you alone! So by adding that to my environment
variables list, Tomcat knows to add it as a startup parameter for Java? Or do I need to specify
something else in the setclasspath.bat file as well?? Is there an easy way to check the JVM
to see the parameters once it is running??

Thanks!

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 12:36 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: heap size

Howdy,

>Yoav - Where do you specify heap size? I understand it is a parameter
of
>the java command, but is in a Tomcat startup script somewhere? Or do I
just
>execute it at the command line?

Add
JAVA_OPTS='-Xmx512m'
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh
on unix.  On windows, you can do this with a JAVA_OPTS environment
variable, or (if running as a service) via the registry.  Search this
list's archives for more information.

The 512m above specifies a maximum heap of 512 MB.  Run java -X to see
other options.

Yoav Shapira