tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Peters" <>
Subject heap size
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:32:31 GMT
Yoav - Where do you specify heap size? I understand it is a parameter of the java command,
but is in a Tomcat startup script somewhere? Or do I just execute it at the command line?

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav []
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 9:55 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: config help

Give at much memory to the heap as your server hardware will allow (-Xmx
java option).  I guess Windows doesn't have a ulimit-equivalent so you
probably don't need to worry about that.

Remove all unneeded connectors, valves, services from server.xml.
Remove all unneeded webapps (examples, docs, etc.) from tomcat.

If you're using a logging system that allows this configuration, turn
off debug-level statements.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

View raw message