tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Help with Tomcat 4.1.24
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:29:20 GMT

Howdy,
You can search the archives on the use of symlinks or the tldScanJar
exception for more information: this comes up a lot.

What I suggest is to stick with your current system: have a central
location for your tools, preferably under version control, and copy jars
out of it into the WEB-INF/lib directories when deploying (this copy is
done by an Ant script I assume).  Yes, this means two hard copies rather
than a link, but it keeps your webapp self-contained and helps ensure
portability for  platforms/servers that don't support symbolic links.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics