tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: heap size
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:35:52 GMT

Howdy,

>Yoav - Where do you specify heap size? I understand it is a parameter
of
>the java command, but is in a Tomcat startup script somewhere? Or do I
just
>execute it at the command line?

Add
JAVA_OPTS='-Xmx512m'
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh
on unix.  On windows, you can do this with a JAVA_OPTS environment
variable, or (if running as a service) via the registry.  Search this
list's archives for more information.

The 512m above specifies a maximum heap of 512 MB.  Run java -X to see
other options.

Yoav Shapira