tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: How to configure TOMCAT with AWStats (logfile analyzer)
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:55:15 GMT

Howdy,
You can do one of three things.  A prerequisite to all three is to turn
on Tomcat's AccessLogValve (I like the combined pattern myself, but the
default common pattern works as well).

- Use something easier than AWStats (IMHO, YMMV): Webalizer, or
httpAnalyze for example.

- Use AWStats in a relatively easier way, by running it offline, with
tomcat's access log files.

- Use AWStats in its fancy incremental analysis mode.  I haven't
actually done this as I found AWStats to be too troublesome as it was.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

It