tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Can't get Tomcat 4.X to startup on RH 9
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:34:33 GMT

Howdy,

>My environment is Red Hat Linux 9, Apache 2.0.40, JDBC classes12.zip
>jdk 1.2.2 and Tomcat 4.1.24.  I installed Tomcat with the rpm
>tomcat4-4.1.24-full.2jpp.

I would suggest that starting out, you omit the apache front end.

Also you'll need to rename classes12.zip to classes12.jar as tomcat
doesn't load zip files.

>I'm trying to start Tomcat as root (for testing) and I've set the
>following environment variables in the root profile:
>
>JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java
>CATALINA_HOME=/var/tomcat4
>CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/var/tomcat4/common/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/local/jav
a/cl
>asses
>/classes12.zip

The classpath environment variable is ignored, FYI.  See the tomcat
classloader how-to for more details.

>java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
>org/apache/commons/beanutils/BeanUtils (Unsupported major.minor version
>47.0)

What JDK are you running with?

Yoav Shapira