tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Sharing a session between multiple frames
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:19:37 GMT

Howdy,

>I have a webapp that makes use of the session to store a key to track
>the current state of a user. This all works fine under Tomcat 4.0 but
>when I move to 4.1 on Linux I get a problem as soon as I start invoking
>multiple frames on a page. It seems that a different thread is used for
>the two frames on my page, and that the new thread that gets invoked
>doesn't have the session object any more. Does anybody know of a way to
>change the configuration of  Tomcat 4.1 so that I share the session
>between the two frames?

Sessions will be shared between the two frames.  Can you post specific
code that fails in tomcat 4.1.x but works in 4.0.x?

It is entirely possible, and legal, for different frames (which are
different HTTP requests) to be served by different request processing
threads in tomcat.  That wouldn't affect the session.

Yoav Shapira