tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Classpath Conundrum (2nd try)
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:31:21 GMT

Howdy,
Here are a few:

Custom classloader:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=105703894521593&w=2
Another one:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=105176832519964&w=2
Dynamic class loading (whatever that means):
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=105577963607375&w=2
Putting webapps dir in classpath:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=102760347300941&w=2
Relying on env classpath:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=105552115426053&w=2

And there are many more hidden in threads like "Help!" or "Urgent!"
which I don't feel like searching through.

>Could you please refer me to one of those threads?  I checked the
>archives before posting here and was unable to find any discussions
>that resolved this issue.

That's because no discussions are your specific issue, and none had a
standard solution.

>> 2. They do manage to make a hack work,
>
>Do you happen to recall what that hack is?  Much appreciated.

There can be no one generic hack, or it:
A. Wouldn't be hack, but a standard solution
B. Would be in the tomcat FAQ

Yoav Shapira