tomcat-users mailing list archives

From nrapagn...@pscinfogroup.com
Subject RE: Running Tomcat as a service
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:07:29 GMT
Let me add that I'm running Tomcat 4.1 not Apache 4.1.  Also the 500 error
is a nullPointerException error.

-----Original Message-----
From: nrapagnani@pscinfogroup.com [mailto:nrapagnani@pscinfogroup.com]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 9.04 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Running Tomcat as a service

I am running Apache 4.1 along with IIS on a windows 2000 machine.

I chose "Run as an NT service" during the Tomcat install.

I've configured the 2 web servers to work together.

The jsp pages come up fine when I choose the "Start Tomcat" icon in the
start folder.  Problem is, when Tomcat is running as a service I get 1 of 2
pages.
The first page is "The servlet container is temporary unavailable or being
upgraded" written on a blank page.  Other times I get a 500 error pointing
to a line in my jsp page that does not exist.  I disabled the service an
then re-enabled it and things worked fine for a while.  Then it went back to
the same problem.  I do not know much about NT services.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Nicholas Rapagnani
Phone: (484) 762-3105

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.