tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adi Katz" <ak...@easa.aeat.com>
Subject RE: LifecycleListener Do not work
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:22:06 GMT
Hi Yoav,

Eventually I used a servlet spec listener which is better to do from a lot of reasons.
Regarding your suggestion on putting the listener in common/lib, It is the firest thing I
try
but then I have the opposite problem: my listener cannot call classes from my web-app.
...It seems there is an unbreakble wall between a web-app and tomcat and you can be either

 in this side or the other.

Thanks,
Adi

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 2:02 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: LifecycleListener Do not work

Howdy,
You're on the right track: tomcat needs the class on startup. Put your
listener (and any classes it needs) in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib instead
of your webapp's WEB-INF/lib.

As always, I ask: can you justify using a Catalina-specific
LifecycleListener and not a spec-standard ServletContextListener?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics