tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Werner van Mook <wer...@connecties.com>
Subject I'm still officially lost with mod_jk
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:55:57 GMT
Hi,

I changed some settings as some of you suggested.
Still no luck.

> - remove JkMount from global configuration.  JkMount directives are
> VirtualHost-specific.

It's removed.

> - verify the ServerName in httpd.conf matches the name in your Host
> container in server.xml

Done.

> - change your worker name to ajp13 (worker1 is probably OK but since
> it doesn't matter, there's no reason not to use ajp13 and in some
> cases the name "ajp13" makes a difference)

Done.

> - remove the extra stuff from workers.properties...you only need
> .list, .host, .type, and .port.

Done.

> - check contents of your JK log file...it is typically pretty
> specific, telling you exactly what is wrong.

Can't find it !  At least not in the location I thought it would be.
I did set it in httpd.conf didn't I?

What I did do is look at catalina.out I found these lines :

INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Jul 15, 2003 8:42:53 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=4/771
config=/usr/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/conf/jk2.properties

In my humble opinion it says that JK is running and using
jk2.properties.
I never put anything in this file. Should I haven done that?

Kind regards
Werner

Here are my files :

>> I have apache 1.3.x with tomcat 4.1.24
>> I installed mod_jk
>>
>> in httpd.conf I put :
>>
>> LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
>>
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>
>> # MY OWN STUFF HERE
>> <IfModule mod_jk.so>
>> AddModule mod_jk.c
>> JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
>> JkLogFile     /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log

This is the location of the logfile. Right?