tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Colson <scol...@westpole.com>
Subject IIS and isapi_redirect
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:11:45 GMT
I may be posting this for the second or third time, and if this is the
case, my humble apologies. I don't believe the webmail application I
was using actually sent the prior attempts to post to this list, and I
haven't seen my post(s) or any subsequent replies, so here it goes
again. If either of my other attempts did make it on list, please
respond to me directly so I can figure out what the problem was.
Thanks. On with the program...

Well, here's a topic that has been hashed and rehashed before on this
list... unfortunately after countless hours of reading the archives and
googling around, I haven't found an answer as to why IIS won't play
nice with Tomcat. Here's the skinny:

W2k sp3 (5.00.2195)
IIS 5
Tomcat 4.1.24
j2sdk 1.4.2 installed
isapi_redirect.dll 1.2.4

I have checked the registery settings as well as had coworkers check
them multiple times. I have also followed up on the possibility of the
corrupted DLL by downloading different versions of the connector on to
different servers on my network to no avail. Multiple restarts have
also ensued. The error that is being logged in Component Services is
your basic "The data is the error" and the data section of the error
window reads:
0000: 02 00 00 00               ....

If anyone has any other possibilities, or has fixed this problem
before, any help would be greatly appriciated. For those that are
interested, the details on the enviornment are below. Thanks in advance!

-s

####
Tomcat install:
C:\Tomcat4
         \isapi\isapi_redirect.dll
         \conf\uriworkermap.properties
                   workers.properties
         \logs

Registery:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Group\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\1.0]
"extension_uri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll"
"worker_file"="c:\Tomcat4\conf\workers.properties"
"worker_mount_file"="c:\Tomcat4\conf\uriworkermap.properties"
"log_file"="c:\Tomcat4\logs\jk_iis.log"
"log_level"="debug"
@="c:\Tomcat4\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters]
"Filter DLLs"="C:\Tomcat4\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll"

IIS:
site root=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
vdir jakarta=C:\Tomcat4\isapi with read and execute set

Permissions:
All .properties files, the isapi_redirect.dll, and the folders that
house them have modify, read & execute, read, write enabled for the
everyone group.