tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Naden" <Dave.Na...@sas.com>
Subject RE: log rotation clarification
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:19:52 GMT
Tim, looking up javadoc for the logger, I see a property (info) telling us about that logger.
 How do I access that property from my jsp (or can I)?  What's the name of the logger object?
thanks,
Dave Naden

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Funk [mailto:funkman@joedog.org]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 6:56 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: log rotation clarification

This is correct.
The config for localhost_x is in its logging element.

For example:
                  directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
             timestamp="true"/>

For all configurable properties, see the javadocs for
org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger

For catalina.out - it still doesn't rotate and that is not changing. But it
*may* change if if one of the committers do change and it isn't -1'd.

-Tim