tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Extance, Paul" <>
Subject RE: Logging off container authenticated user
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:45:27 GMT
We use a filter to cache other data about a user in the session once they
have authenticated. (see or the
code @

As you can see if we fail to get the extra data for the user we invalidate
the session, (ie log out) and redirect to an error page.

If you want a more complex version of the JDBC realm to add extra clauses
for security look at

Paul Extance

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian J. Dechery - ACCENTURE []

Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 6:54 AM
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: Logging off container authenticated user

I finally got a FORM-based authentication from the container (in this case,
Tomcat) working.
But I have a little doubt, how can I logoff this user?
Cuz in my system, the login doesn't deppend only on authenticating him for
username and password, I must validate some other stuff, so it would be
interesting if I could authenticate him, and if I could not validate the
other stuff, log him off and present a message.

:: Christian J. Dechery
:: Accenture do Brasil
:: CHT - Solutions Operations

To unsubscribe, e-mail: