tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Pabst <>
Subject Re: problem finding css
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:28:27 GMT
href="/main.css" looks like wrong syntax,

either use:
(if your html files linking to that css file are in the same directory)

(if your html files are somewhere else, you need to specify the URI to the
CSS file, i.e. the local part of the URL without the Host- or DNS-name)

At 12:34 24.07.2003 +0200, you wrote:
>I am using Apache 1.3 with tomcat 4.1.24.
>When I use netscape 7 to run my web application everything works fine.
>When I use e.g netscape 4 the style sheets can not be found.
>How do I have to configure Apache/tomcat ?
>In the html page the source is refered to as:
>   <link href="/main.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
>Right now  I have in http.conf:
><VirtualHost *>
>  DocumentRoot
> /home/oraedt/app/oracle/product/9iAS_1.0.2.2/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/webapps/iprweb
>  ServerName
>  JkMount /iprweb/* ajp13
>    Alias   /html/  /home/minerva/servers/upolu/ipr_files/static_html/
>The main.css is installed in
>Thanks for any hint ..

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: