tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Pabst <>
Subject Re: different port to have different base directory
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:08:31 GMT
One tomcat with HTTP and HTTPS connector would be the simplest solution,
just it won't work with the same context having two different directories

So either you use one tomcat and server.xml with two different Contexts, or
you have use one tomcat installation, 2 different server.xml's, 2 different's:

conf/http_server.xml: HTTP Connector on 7080, shutdown port, context
localservlet -> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/
conf/https_server.xml: HTTPS Connector on 7081, different shutdown port,
context localservlet -> $CATALINA_HOME/secuareapps/

Modify last line of
bin/ exec "$PRGDIR"/"$EXECUTABLE" start -f
"${PRGDIR}/../conf/http_server.xml" "$@"
bin/ "$PRGDIR"/"$EXECUTABLE" start -f
"${PRGDIR}/../conf/https_server.xml" "$@"

Or leave as it is and put the following into your tomcat init
script(s). -f /path/to/tomcat/conf/http[s]server.xml"

for SSL/HTTPS configuration

At 17:06 23.07.2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I successfully configured tomcat for mutual authentication.
>I would like to start tomcat server with 2 connectors listening at
>But both of them should use different base directory. i.e., when I invoke
>from my browser, tomcat should try to find this servlet in
>"$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/" location.
>and if I invoke using https
>it should try to find this servlet in "$CATALINA_HOME/secuareapps/" location.
>Is there any way of doing this without using virual hosts 'cuz I want the
>same hostname.
>Based on the port number (7080/7081) (or) protocol(http/https) they should
>have different base root directory i.e., for example
>I also do not want connections coming from http have access to look into
>secureapps directory and https have access to webapps.
>Have anybody tried this?
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: