tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Pabst <simon.pa...@web.de>
Subject Re: Not finding my servlet ....
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:53:04 GMT
Tomcat Contexts are configured in server.xml
If docBase is a relative path it points to a sub-directory of tomcat/webapps
If you want to have your application directory somewhere else you need to
use an absolute pathname for docBase.

The docBase directory should contain the following subdirectories:

# Application java classes dir
WEB-INF/classes
# Application jar/zip files dir
WEB-INF/lib

server.xml Context examples:

<Context path="/examples" docBase="examples" ... >
</Context>

<Context path="/myapp" docBase="/path/to/myapp" debug="0" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true" />

See http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/context.html

So if you want to use in your own servlet, either create a new Context and
Directory
or put it somewhere in tomcat/webapps/examples/