tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Pabst <simon.pa...@web.de>
Subject Re: JK2 performance tuning
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:32:08 GMT
As far as i know:
(this may be wrong and can be different on your system/configuration - test)

Theoretically Apache will do as many connections as childs are used,
on Apache 2 the default maximum is 150 i think.

I read somewhere that suggested for Tomcat is to use a higher Coyote
maxProcessors value than max. Apache childs.

However since the socket reinitialization seems bugged, without a timeout
in CoyoteConnector their count goes up high
(counted over 3000 open sockets on a load test with one Tomcat, count seems
to go down only on Tomcat restart)

There is also a max_connections setting for JK2 ajp13 worker, although this
is propably only useful when you use load balancing:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/configwebcom.html#workers