tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Pabst <simon.pa...@web.de>
Subject Re: JK2 performance tuning
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:22:51 GMT
You can tune CoyoteConnector acceptCount and timeout values.
acceptCount=10 should be fine, though you never know (test test test :-)
timeout value (in seconds) shouldn't be set to 0 (infinite) or too high,
else your socket count will go up much as time goes by (which not only
consumes file descriptors but valuable JVM memory AFAIK),
try reasonable values like 10 mins (600) (20000 is suggested in jk2 doc).
If timeout is too low you could get errors too (server not available), so
test test test again.

If you use mod_jk2 load balancing use multithreading Apache (worker mpm)