tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Pabst <simon.pa...@web.de>
Subject Re: username & password for admin & manager
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:05:45 GMT
tomcat-users.xml hast to be defined in tomcat/conf/server.xml too,
look at the default server.xml of Tomcat for how to do that,
and here
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/manager-howto.html#Configuring%20Manager%20Application%20Access

To set CATALINA_HOME for Tomcat on linux put this in your
tomcat/bin/catalina.sh:
export CATALINA_HOME=/path/to/tomcat

To set it in your shell put that in $HOME/.bashrc (or whatever shell's
startup file you're using)
or even somewhere at /etc/profile to set it for all users.