tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Pabst <simon.pa...@web.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat/Apache and mod_jk2
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:07:48 GMT
mod_jk2 needs Apache APR libraries to work.

These aren't included with Apache 1.x, only Apache 2.x

- The easier thing to build mod_jk2 is to do it with Apache 2,
- However you could also download and build the Apache APR libraries
(http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/)
and then build mod_jk2 with them for Apache 1.x.

If you don't have any really strong reason for staying on Apache 1.x best
thing is propably to go for Apache 2,
unless you're desperately looking for trouble ;-)

*me points at*
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/installhowto.html