tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Pabst <simon.pa...@web.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat service on Windows 2000 stopped unexpectedly
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:56:44 GMT
Your Java Virtual Machine(s) could be crashing.
Search for "HotSpot Virtual Machine Error" in catalina.out and your
application logs.

We had a problem with crashing JVM's (JDK 1.4.1) on Tomcat 4.1.24 (on
Linux) and using ConcurrentGC/ParNewGC.
With ParallelGC the JVM works stable (although Garbage Collection
performance is worse and leads to OutOfMemory from time to time,
since the application needs a lot of temporary memory for PDF generations
with FOP)

Try using different Java Options and Collectors or JDK 1.4.1

See also
http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/gc1.4.2/
http://wireless.java.sun.com/midp/articles/garbagecollection2/