tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Pabst <simon.pa...@web.de>
Subject RE: Tomcat Load Balancing / Session Clustering - Tests
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:02:36 GMT
If you are using a webserver stresstest tool like siege
(http://www.joedog.org/siege) be sure to have a delay (5secs or more)
between the requests.
Because otherwise if the requests come too fast, the load balancing round
robin will get screwed up (i think mod_jk(2)'s worker stats aren't updated
quick enough),
like this:

Siege in benchmark mode (--benchmark on cmdline):
20 or more requests go to first tomcat
20 or more to second
20 or more to third
and so on...

Siege with delay of 5 secs (--delay=5):
1-2 requests to first tomcat
1-2 to second

And use something without a session for testing, like an image (or use
worker.lb_xx.sticky_session=0)