tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Przemys³aw Korona <przemyslaw.kor...@ckzeto.com.pl>
Subject Re: mod jk2 problem, segmetation fault
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:27:47 GMT
Thank you all, for your quick responses.

>Tomcat comes with a JK2 compatible connector enabled by default on port
>8009.  The class name for this connector is CoyoteConnector.

You mean: org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector ?

>If you need to use JK2, you don't need to do anything to server.xml except
>make sure your Hosts and your Contexts are correct, everything else is
>done on the Apache configuration side.

I guess I have this part ok, because on port 8080 it works fine.

>I don't know of any JK2 binaries for SuSe, so unless you built your own, I
>would say your problem is a combination of an incompatible Apache module
>and the configuration of Ajp13Connector.
This apache module is jk2_mod.so?  Should I compile it from the source?

>Also, I am still not clear on the compatibility of JK2 (mod_jk2) with
>Apache 1.x.  My guess is you would be better off with mod_jk (JK).
John

It seems that I just have chosen a wrong tool. I just hope, this mod_jk
works with ssl (documentation says it should ;-))
Thanks again
Przemek