tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Wray <w...@arc.ab.ca>
Subject Re: tomcat-WEB-INF
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:10:39 GMT
This is right.

Tomcat checks the webapplication/WEB-INF/classes directory for servlet classes.
Tomcat checks the webapplication/WEB-INF/lib directory for library files.
A users web browser will check any file under the webapplication directory
that is not under the webapplication/WEB-INF directory that is specified in
an applet.

Why do you want to place your classes and libraries outside of the WEB-INF
directory?