tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jose Roberto M. Garcia" <gar...@cptec.inpe.br>
Subject javac vs. jikes (a corrected title now)
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:25:42 GMT

Hi people,

I´m configuring Tomcat on Solaris as a production system to serve one app
on our intranet. It really doesn´t have any static page, so we´ve decided
not to integrate Apache. I´ve followed some of the optimization tasks
suggested on tomcat docs for a production environment. One of them is to
substitute javac by jikes and the question is: Does it really make any
diff? The docs say that jikes is faster than javac and it can compile more
than one jsp simultaneously. Do you do this substitution? Does it really worth?

Thanks in advance
JR Garcia

Jose Roberto M. Garcia          ICQ: 64364941
Tecnologista                            CPTEC/INPE
(12) 3186-8405                          MCT